Sunday, May 18, 2008

Newborn knits night 2

This is the second night's progress on the newborn knits. Sorry the picture is still sideways this seems to be a Blogger issue as it is the right direction on my computer in the original format, blogger just keeps flipping my pictures when I load them.
I honestly did not get as far as I would have liked but we had an emergency here last night. My youngest had a high fever all day yesterday, with Tylenol and Motrin the lowest we could get it was 100 -- she has been teething so we didn't thing much of it. Well last night she woke up at 10 for her nightly one and only bottle, when I went to give it to her she was laying really weird. I noticed she wouldn't reach for the bottle or her binky so I picked her up and the noticed it was like she had no muscle tone in her shoulder or arms. I brought her out to the living room thinking it was because she was half awake. DH and I sat with her for about 15 minutes and she still wasn't using her hands or arms and she was fully awake and mad that she couldn't keep the bottle in her mouth. So we woke up our oldest and we all went to the ER. They checked her in immediately and she had a very high temp so they give her Tylenol to bring it down (we had just given her Motrin an hour before so they couldn't give her that). Her temp came down a bit but again not below 100. They doctor then came in and checked her and the poor little peanut has a double ear infection and her left ear was very bad -- they were worried it would burst. So they gave us some antibiotics and instructions to keep the Tylenol and Motrin on board for the next few days. Once her fever came down a bit she started using her hands and arms again so they told us that was just a result of her fever being so high. She gave us a good scare though.

With the antibiotics in her system and Tylenol and Motrin going she is much more comfortable today and has been sleeping most of the day (she didn't sleep much the last 3 days poor kiddo). Our oldest was also a champ at the ER and fell asleep in the waiting room on 2 chairs with Daddy watching her.

No comments: