Monday, July 27, 2009

Back and in the groove

It's been a bit since I last posted but I've been very busy. Since my last post we have welcomed our third girl to the family. Rosalyn Elizabeth was born June 15th after 3 hours of active labor but about 3 weeks of prodromal labor. It has taken me a bit to get back in the knitting groove with a family of three but I think I finally have it down!








I have been knitting while I was gone though -- these capris stocked (and have since sold) on Their Own Knitted World they were knit with Southwest Spectrum's Prairie Rose on Cestari Superfine.














These stocked as well and are still available this is an unnamed Southwest Spectrum on Gaia Merino.

















This set was stocked on Their Own Knitted World it is Alligator Knits Elliott colorway on BFL.















This was my July custom slot it is Hippy Pippy Pippy Longstocking on Cestari worked into a small pair of longies. It knit up beautifully and they have been shipped to their new home where they will wait for a new baby to arrive!













I will be stocking these with a shirt in a collaboration with Apple Dumpling Gear, they are knit with A Twisted Stitch Carousel colorway on Cestari in size Large/18 months. I just need to weave some ends in on these this evening and they will be ready to go for the August 13th stocking.













And some yarn I recieved today this is Panda Bear on BFL by Nurturing Threads -- stay tuned for what this will become for the September stocking of Their Own Knitted World!











I also recieved Patience by Nurturing Threads this will also become something for the September stocking.
















This yarn arrived today for a custom Alligator Knits Apple Orchard on Marr Haven. I will be casting this on tonight so look for some work in progress pictures soon!










This is a special pair of longies I began work on during a car trip this weekend. I am just about to join the natural color for the body.












And lastly a new find. I ordered this project bag from Blue Tulips on Etsy and it is wonderful. The perfect size for carrying around your project, the drawstring top keeps the ball of yarn inside while you are working with the yarn and it has a fabulous clear pocket on the inside for keep all the bits and bops you need handy while knitting. This bag has the project you see above and at little more then 8oz of yarn, a measuring tape, stitch markers, and a pair of scissors! The work is top quality and the price can't be beat, I plan on going back for a few more as soon as I can to keep all of my working projects in!

No comments: