Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Ta-da!!!

Pictures as promised.

First the crocheted longies. These are from singly ply purewool -- not sure what colorway as I bought this off of a for sale or trade board -- but it is so pretty.


Next is a knit pair still in progress. The picture from www.100purewool.com when I ordered
the picture of the yarn with the matching trim when I received it
It just looked so different to me and I was a bit disappointed I didn't expect it to be so pink (and I am NOT a pink person). I have been so surprised and am absolutely in love with the way this is knitting up - a beautiful combination of pinks, white, greens and browns. It makes me think of the gazebo in a rose garden near where I grew up (Elizabeth Gardens in West Hartford, CT). Hopefully these will be finished tomorrow and ready for the elastic waist band.



And my last bit of sharing for tonight and confirmation that I am a total dork! I finally got a ball winder and yes the first thing I did when I got it out of the box along with the other goodies (some Fixation sock yarn by Cascade and a sweater stone) was to take a picture. My first ball winder *sigh* I am getting closer and closer to being a "knitter" Yippee next big purchase will be a swift! Isn't it so pretty :)

No comments: